Sunday, December 7, 2008

From Canada to South Africa and back again

From South Africa to Canada, December 2008 -

I've spent the last eight months in a rural South African township teaching a leadership and development program for those affected by HIV. I left my home in British Columbia in April of 2008. What I've seen and experienced here in the community of Masoyi has reshaped completely my thinking about our place in the world.

In my community HIV has left thousands of people dying and thousands more without parents or life support. These entries represent my story and the stories of those who have shared my experience. As I return to Canada I want to continue sharing my reflections from my time here.

I hope that these entries will help open a window for you into this life, into this world, and into the lives of those who are suffering, and still loving, in this part of the world.

- Darryl

Note - Many of these entries were written in South Africa. When I return to Canada I will continue to reflect and write about my many experiences here in South Africa.

No comments: